Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I'm leaving in just 2 short days. To say I'm nervous is probably the biggest understatement of the year. I'm nervous for the flight. I'm nervous we won't be on time for our connecting flights. I'm nervous my son won't like me. I'm nervous I will have a hard time adjusting to the food, time, culture, etc. I'm nervous. I'm packing and I hear the world saying to me "You don't have to go. Why put your life at risk? Why leave your husband and son for 9 days? Why step out of your comfort zone?  You could get sick. Things can go wrong.You really don't have to do this."
And then I read this: " Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God-this is true worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of  your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-His good and pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:1-2
And I know. I need to go. have to go. My son is waiting for me. I have prayed for another child. God has handed us Love. He just happens to be half way accross the world. So I will follow His lead and go. I go knowing He loves my children and my husband and family more than I could ever fathom. Way more than I ever can love them myself. I go knowing He loves me. I am His precious child. He has plans for me. Big plans. I just need to do my part. It will absolutely be one of the hardest things for me to leave my husband and son here to go meet my son there. It will absolutely be one of the hardest things for me to leave my son there to come home here. However, I am reminded of this:
"Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me." - Matthew 10:37-38
Through this last week, I've felt nothing but peace. Peace in knowing that whatever happens, it's nothing out of His control. He has a master plan and my plan is to follow His. with a joyful and happy heart. He has already woven this story together in a way beyond anything I ever imagined. I wait anxiously for the next chapter. Untill then....... 


I leave you with these sweet little pigs.

I'm not sure how much blogging I will be doing while there. My plan is to focus on my Father and my son. Prayers are appreciated and much needed. Thank you for playing such a huge roll in our story. 

                                                 
                          Forever grateful,

1 comment: