Thursday, August 4, 2011

rejoice

A little over 2 weeks ago I saw this....

and was broken.

The Lord really did a number on Trey and I's hearts. We fell in love with this sweet, lost, scared, beautiful girl. We prayed fervently for her and decided that if the Lord asked us to bring her into our home, we would say yes with a joyful heart. I emailed Reece's Rainbow and they put me in contact with the adoption agency we would use. I emailed them and was told they were in the process of checking her availability.

Today we are rejoicing as we have learned that sweet Teri Lynn already has a forever home. She has been adopted by an American family and, I'm sure, soaking up lots of love, hugs, and kisses from them.

As I am so thankful and so so happy that Teri Lynn is home, I can't help but nurse a bit of a broken heart. It is all so confusing. I'm not sure why God broke our hearts for her like He did, but I do know He makes no mistakes. As I was crying out to Him, asking Him "Why? Why did you bring this girl into my heart knowing she won't be mine?" I hear Him ask me why I'm being so selfish. Loving and praying for this little girl didn't have to do with me. It was all about her. He asked me to love and pray for her. For her. If a little heart break is the cost of lifting a precious, innocent soul to the arms of her heavenly Father, isn't it worth the cost?

I'm rejoicing that my Father is faithful. I'm rejoicing that He has a heart for the orphans. I'm rejoicing He loves me enough to point out to me my selfish behavior. A sweet friend said to me "The Lord never reveals to condemn, only to redeem!" How amazing is it that through the redemption of Teri Lynn, the Lord is redeeming me as well?! What a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment