Monday, August 1, 2011

10 years in the making

{You might want to get your gag reflex in check. this is a mushy, gooey, love overflowing kinda post.}

This is the love of my life.


It's not so often that Trey and I get to go on dates. alone. so we treasure the times that we get to. last week was one of those dates. and it was lovely.
He reminded me that this month we would be celebrating 10 years together. "10 years!?", you say. Yep, 10 years. we were just babes when we started dating. sophomores in high school. holy.moly. it feels like a lifetime ago, yet just like yesterday. where does the time go?
6 years ago on September 4th, we were blessed enough to call each other our one and only forever. And boy oh boy did we celebrate. {not to brag, but people stiiilll talk about our reception. seriously, one of the best times in my life!}
The last 10 years haven't always been easy, but have always been worth it. we are learning to cherish our time together. we are growing together. we are going in our faith, love for Christ, and in our relationship with God.


We are in an amazing place right now. Seeking His will, not our own. Being open to what He has for us as a family. We can talk about our future with great expectation of what He has planned. As our relationship with Him becomes deeper, so does our relationship with each other.
I love that we are apart of a church that we love and are excited to serve in. our friends are unbelievable. the support they offer is nothing short of amazing.

Trey Russell,
I'm so thankful for you. I'm so thankful what the last 10 years has brought us through. I'm so proud of who you have become. I'm so proud that you are still striving to be better. My heart overflows with joy when I watch you with Trenner. You are an amazing dad. I beam with pride when I hear Trenner say he wants to be just.like.you. I can't think of a better role model. luva you.

Signed,
the luckiest woman in the world

No comments:

Post a Comment