Saturday, August 17, 2013

What does the first Saturday home with our boys call for?! Homemade French toast, of course. I found this recipe on All Recipe website and it's purty darn amazing.... 


Whisk together: 1/4 cup flour, 1cup milk, 3 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla, 1tsp cinnamon, and 1 tablespoon white sugar. 

Next: thick slice some of your favorite bread. I used homemade cinnamon bread from the Amboy Market. Sourdough would be great too! We got 8 slices out of our loaf and it was plenty. 

Heat up a slightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat. One by one, soak each side of the bread slices in milk/egg mixture. (I'm terrified of soggy bread so I didn't let mine soak too awful long.) Then, place on to your griddle, letting it cook till golden brown. Brown each side. Serve hot with whatever your sweet tooth desires..... You most certainly won't regret it! Now if only miss E were here to enjoy with us. Sigh. 

Xo-


No comments:

Post a Comment