Thursday, April 28, 2011

Wheew

I'm sitting here with a heart that is completely overwhelmed. Seriously. I can feel my heart in my throat. I feel like the Grinch, like my heart has grown 3 sizes in a day. Don't worry, though...it's overwhelmed a good totally awesome way. So far, we've sold 38 bracelets. Mmhhmm, you heard right..38 since Monday! I'm overwhelmed with the responses we've gotten. People who we have never met, showering us with love. Giving little pieces of themselves to help us bring our child home. Helping us to give love and comfort and joy and safety to someone who may never have an opportunity to feel those things. I think back over the last couple of years and I stand amazed. I'm in awe of my Father and the way He loves. He held every tear I cried in His hands. He counted each and every one of them. He used those tears. He healed us and made us stronger to prepare us for this. Holy.cow. Are you feeling overwhelmed yet? Honestly, I don't feel I have the words to adequately describe my feelings. All week, I've been feeling anxious. Waiting. (I know, I know, the waiting has JUST begun). I'm waiting to hear back from several baby homes. I'm working on a boat load of paperwork. Waiting. Today, I surrendered it. I surrendered it all. I got on my knees, put my hands in the air, and prayed. Out loud. Tears on my cheeks and a quiver in my voice. I placed my worries, inpatients, anxiety at His feet. He took it from me. This is His plan. It always has been. I'm leaving it up to Him. I'm surrendering and feeling so free. It's not for me to figure out. He already has. Thank you so much to all of you who have bought bracelets. Thank you so much to all of you who have donated to our HUGE sale.(Our next fundraiser.I'll post about it soon!). Thank you so much to all of you who are praying. You all make my heart want to explode.

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing like praying on your knees with your hands in the air! There is nothing nothing nothing like that posture girl! He loves it and it blesses us. I love you and am loving watching your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to Suzanne......I love you and am excited what the Lord is doing in your life....you are such an encouragement to me!!!

    ReplyDelete