Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The hat

This is one of the first hats I made once I learned to crochet about 2 and a half years ago. I made several hats to sell, but this one, I just couldn't part with. I had a secret wish, secret dream, of one day putting this hat on a special little girl. Maybe one I would call mine. I tucked it in the back of the closet along with my secret dream.

The first time I saw Edna's face, I knew. I knew she was special. I knew I would pray for her and love her, even if from afar. I secretly knew that I wanted her to wear this hat. It seemed so impossible. So unlikely. Yet, here we are. In God's perfect timing. After His perfect journey. I peek in at her sleeping and feel a bit overwhelmed. My heart swells. What started out as a dream, a seed planted by God, is now reality. A smiling, sweet, giggly, joyful reality. One that this hat fits. Perfectly.


3 comments:

  1. SO beautiful friend! Love you and that sweet girl in that precious hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, you just blessed my heart! I was looking for a crochet pattern. Your Edna is a precious blessing! My friend Gillian adopted a beautiful daughter with DS from Ukraine with help from Reece's Rainbow. I have no money, but I will pray that God provides it all so that you will be able to bless this, his child and will be blessed in return!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog on reeces rainbows webbsite. What a beautiful and moving post!
    Im so happy for you and your family, little Edna is so precious! (all of your kids are) I hope I get a chance to follow my dream and adopt one day.
    Many Blessings from Sweden. :)

    ReplyDelete