-Jesus Calling
One day at a time is hard. A to-do list a mile long. Papers, papers and more papers needing filled out. Planning our boys' lives while we're gone. Budgeting for our time away. It really just goes on and on. And today slips away while I'm consumed with tomorrow. and we suffer.
Yesterday, we focused on the day in front of us and only that day. We surprised the boys {and ourselves!} with a trip up to the dunes in Michigan. It's one of our favorite of all places. Only 2 hours away and a mere $8 to play in the sand, sun, and waves all.day.long. Snacking on our picnic all day. Lounging in the shade of our umbrella. Shivering in the freezing water. Watching in awe as Trenner and Trey trecked all the way to the top of the dunes. No worries, no lists. Just us and the day.


I read that Jesus Calling devotion at 3am one night. It made me realize that God has designed the days/nights and while mine are all running together right now, there is a plan and purpose for everything, and I can't worry about a week, month or year from now. I can think about today and live in the moment.
ReplyDelete