Trey and I both love it here. Buuut, we're both drained. in every way. Physically.Mentally.Emotionally. It's so hard trying to spend time with the one we love, but also giving love to 46 others. We want to do our best in helping the mama's out who we respect so much. The work they do here is nothing short of amazing. and they do it day in.day out. We love each and every one of them.
A few days ago, a new child was dropped at the gate. He's about 2 years old. Our hearts have broken for him. Can you imagine being 2 and dropped somewhere, then thrown into the midst of 46 children?!? Trey and I have tried to spend as much one on one time with him as we can. Thankfully, today I got him to play a bit, talk, and even smile! Thank you, Jesus. Today, we also got to witness a child be reunited with her parents who have been fervently looking for her since the day she was kidnapped over a week ago. Thank you, Jesus! See- totally emotionally draining!
Unfortunately Love is very very sick. He's been throwing everything (and i mean EVERYTHING ie: water, porridge, dinner, formula, anything that gets in his little tummy) for the last 4 days. He's had a fever, very lethargic, bad cough since we've been here. Even a few of the mamas are worried. that makes me worried. Thankfully we have mama Lori here. Love loves her! and thankfully for this mama, she knows how to care for him right now in a way that I don't. It will be a hard, sad loss when we have to take him away from her and vice versa. We are cherishing having her right now, though! We took him to be seen at the IOM today by the Dr. and thankfully, he prescribed 2 medicines. Praying they kick in by tomorrow because tomorrow's the big day....
We try court again. We're praying the judge is here this time. We're praying he's happy with our case and praying he understands the urgency in our need to get Love home and healthy. We're praying for a quick and favorable ruling. (there's a chance that if the police officer doesn't sign the paperwork, he could suppina her. we're really praying he doesn't find that necessary b/c that will push our court date back again!) I know ya'll are prolly sick of hearing these requests over and over, but Holy.Cow. prayer works. And you better believe I'm stormin' the gates! Would love to have you as a part of our army. We're appearing before him Tues the 17th at 11 am Ug time (3am for all my Indiana peeps). "May He defend the cause of Love and give deliverance to Love and crush the oppressor"-Psalm 72:4 "For this boy I prayed and the Lord has given me my petition which I asked of Him. So I have also dedicated him to the Lord, as long as he lives he is dedicated to the Lord." 1 Samuel 1:27-28
sending exhausted love,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



We do not get tired of hearing your requests for prayer sweet friend and we have not stopped praying for you! Praying for your specific requests, most of all court tomorrow! I have been praying Psalm 91 for you and I will pray that both you and Trey will rest in the shadow of the Almighty tonight!
ReplyDelete"1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty"
You are loved,
Suzanne