Fundraiser Rummage was a huge success! There were moments throughout the day I just had to stop and take stock of what our loving Father provided for us. He provided great friends who donated some really great stuff. Things they could have sold and made lots of money. Instead, they graciously donated to us. They brought us one step closer with each item that was donated. He provided friends and family who helped me get ready. HUGE thanks to my mom and dad who provided the barn, and then the house when the barn started overflowing. Yep, their 3 car garage was not big enough. Luckily, due to construction, their kitchen was completely empty, so we were able to set up tables and tables of clothes inside. He provided a car. Mmhhmm, a car was donated to us to sell. A whole, working, nice car. I mean, really, how awesome is God? (so far we've had one offer on it. if you are interested in details, just let me know!) He provided great weather and an awesome turnout. We were steadily busy both Friday and Saturday. We sold a TON of stuff. He provided enough money for a plane ticket. Or for our stay in Uganda. How amazing is that?!? Guess what, though? We still have a TON of stuff left! So, we will be having another rummage in the near future if you missed this one! I can't say enough how blessed we are. Our Father showed up. Again, and again, and again. The exhaustion and excitement are all mixed in one. My body is bone tired, but oh so giddy at the same time. Patiently abiding under Him waiting for the next step He has planned for us.
 |
| Friday morning before the fun began. I got my shirt here helping raise money for this family. (CAN'T wait for our first family picture of more than 3!!) |
 |
| The antique dresser on the right is still for sale! |
 |
Just a portion of the clothes that were donated!
*Anyone who says fundraising isn't earning money should have a rummage. Hard.Work. (but soo well worth it!) |
I so wish that I could've come Bridgette, but Friday was wacko and Saturday we went to a transracial adoption seminar in Indy!! (I'd love to share the notes with you sometime; we learned so much!) I'm praising the Lord with you, and I LOVE your shirt :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE what God is doing in and through your journey of obedience! AND, I Loooove that definition of patience that Pastor Bob gave us this morning. To abide under! love you!
ReplyDelete