Friday, February 4, 2011

Broken

    This is a woman I admire so much. She follows where He calls. Right now she is in Uganda. Doing His work. Being His hands, His feet, His voice. It is unreal the things she is witnessing right now. How can we look at what she has posted and pretend this devastation is not going on? We think because it's half a world away it doesn't matter. It does. After seeing what she has shown us, how can we say "I'm sorry, but I just don't have the money to donate now. Maybe later." and then get on our $200 cell phone to check our facebook page? How can we say "Maybe later" when for so many of these children there will be no later? How can we witness this and not be broken?

1 comment:

  1. all week long i will find myself stopping in the midst of my own little world and think about love and where she is. i was at the movie theater tonight and thought 'i am here and there are children suffering.' it's so tough. and yes, we all can give. something.

    ReplyDelete