Thursday, January 20, 2011

Steadfast

"So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter. May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deep and word." 2 Thessalonians 2:15-17


     I'm being made more and more aware how rough this journey really may be. Sly comments, attitudes, ignorance. I cannot control such things. I, however, can control how I react, how I deal with people, and Who I take my concerns to. I remind myself daily who really matters in the journey.....


 my core family.
my Father. 

As much as I need, would LOVE to have ALL of my family support and understand what we are doing and why, I realize it's not what matters the most. The most important thing for me is knowing that when I finally GET to meet Him, He will say "Well done good and faithful servant." I want to put what He wants first. I want people to see Him when they see us. This is why I will stand steadfast. Through Him I will find peace, encouragement, and strength. 



*photo taken by the verrrrry talented Jade Metz


1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I wanted to be the very first commenter!!! Blog is lookin' good!
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete